What are areas of focus?
Common issues that are brought to therapy include:
- life transitions
- ADHD-pre and post-diagnosis, and ongoing coping skills building
- Sense of feeling stuck
- behaviour concerns
- family conflict
- grief and loss issues
- difficulties regulating emotions
- school avoidance and struggles
- peer/friendship difficulties,
- parenting concerns
- challenges with intrapersonal and interpersonal communication
How long does a therapy session last?
A typical session is 50 minutes long, with the final 10 minutes being dedicated to administrative function (booking your next session and payment). If you would like to have longer sessions, we can also arrange that.
- Sessions are 60, 90 or 120 minutes in length
- Sessions start off on a weekly basis
- After we see substantial improvement, we may choose to space out our sessions as needed (Every 2-3 weeks)
- If there are circumstances that arise you can easily request a change in frequency at anytime
Questions To Ask Insurance Providers:
- Do I have mental health coverage benefits? If yes, under what disipline can I claim under?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year do my benefits cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is a referral from my family doctor required?